- Never again will I take my purse, a diaper bag, a little suitcase on wheels AND a stroller in addition to the baby as carry-on luggage. (What was I thinking?!)
- The Gerber finger-food puffs? Yeah - they were a life-saver.
- Don't sit in the front row of the plane (behind first class). Yes, you get extra foot room, but I was not allowed to have any loose toys or anything else to entertain Anna. Needless to say, I turned the reading light on and off until I burned out the bulb (just kidding).
- An extra seat for the baby is GREAT. Thankfully, I had empty seats next to me for 3 of the 4 flights I was on, which put me MUCH more at ease.
- I prayed over and over "Lord, give me just what I need to get through the day!" Prayer went a long way.
Anyone else have any travel tips that are worth knowing for our next trip?





8 comments:
Yeah, I think you covered 'em all. I especially got a kick out of #1 - I don't know what you were thinking but the important thing is you learned your lesson. :)
snacks, snack, and more snacks. And also a few new toys they've never seen works too! I'm going to call you soon!
Gotta love puffs! Glad you had a great trip and the more you do it, the more efficient you'll get. We're travelling with 2 for the first time next month and I'm so nervous about it.
Yes. I believe that traveling somewhere closer, say...a few hours southeast to lovely white sandy beaches to visit some old friends. That would be my travel tip. ;-) hee hee Seriously, we would love to see you guys! And, of course, I know how it is traveling with little ones. Sounds like you're doing just fine! I think I'll be making the 1200+ mile drive with my 2 alone this summer...exciting! :-)
Hope you're all well, do hope we can see each other before long!
Blessings and hugs to you, Kare!
Wow, you're a brave woman. I don't think I could have survived that. My tip for your next trip would be to go without kids. :)
I think we need a few tips too...for our 18+ hour trip the end of next month. I think the only thing that'll keep me from going crazy is knowing what's waiting for me across the ocean -- a year to be with family and friends!!!! We love you guys and love to keep up with your blog.
Karyn, I have two words for flying with little ones:
Stickers and Dumdums!!!
They are both lifesavers! You can stick them onto the back of the seat in front of you and then take them off again and again (the stickers, that is...).
And the dumdums, well, just make sure you don't bring blue ones, and have lots of wipes handy! But they do the trick when you're in a bind! =)Miss you guys! When are you coming to P'cola? =)Love, Laura
Invest in a portable DVD player and bring Baby Einstein along!! That's how we survived several long plane rides back and forth from Hawaii to the mainland!! I'm sure your parents enjoyed the visit and their surprise bday party too!!
Post a Comment