Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Unwanted Guest

So it's Sunday night and we've already gotten a few heavy showers from an outer band of Gustav - our unwanted guest. I'm trying to run laundry, vacuum and upload my work files before the power goes out... our neighborhood only lost power for 48 hours during Hurricane Katrina, which is actually a blessing. Let's hope it's the same time frame again!

The 3 of us could really use your prayers, as AJ and I are without our noble husband and daddy. He's taking care of his Mom after her emergency heart surgery this past Wed. She had a heart valve replaced and her recovery has been slow, and at times, very scary.

As I've been watching the news coverage, I've thought of when Jesus was on the boat with His disciples and a storm came. The Bible says He was ASLEEP on a cushion in the stern of the boat (while His disciples were panicking)! We can take comfort in knowing He can control any storm - literally and figuratively - and He wants us to rest easy. So we will!

Until the electricity is restored...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog - I have been wondering if you guys were going to get Gustav. I hope that if you lose power it's only for a short time. I'll be praying for you guys I'm sure it's scary without Steve. I'll look for updates soon! We'll be praying for you guys!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

Praying for you, AJ, and Steve! Happy Belated Birthday Karyn! love, Nikki