Thursday, March 6, 2008

Believing God

I've been going to a Beth Moore Bible Study on Thursday nights called "Believing God". We have a great group of girls that go - all are military wives and we're of all different denominations. Anyways, the study is really great. Have any of you ever done this study? If you have, I'd love to hear about it.

Here's a little story Beth tells that I certainly related to because of our dog Walker, who does NOT live up to her name "WALK-er"! ha

"On many a walk with my dogs I've asked God if His walking me is like my walking them. Do I keep trying my best to slip out of the leash without His noticing? Am I constantly trying to pull off the path and make God go where I want to go? Do I constantly chase rabbits instead of staying on course? ...Oh, if only we'd follow and not run ahead or lag behind! Just follow. Our perceptions have been so distorted by our world system that we fear God's path may be right and respectable, but it's sure to be boring.

My hope is for God to explode the walls of the box I've put Him in over the years. He is MUCH bigger, MUCH more interesting, and MUCH more exciting than I've ever believed Him to be! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (I Cor. 1:9)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing what the Lord's teaching you, my friend! I appreciate you so much. Hope we can meet up one day before long.

Blessings to you all!!!

Jennifer said...

That is so awesome you have a great Bible study group! I miss our military wives study from way back when!

I totally agree about putting God in an imaginary box. I constanly find myself doing that. Lately I've been seeing how many times He's been protecting me from certain "scary" things. I don't really believe in things happening by accident and for instance yesterday I was in a "iffy" part of town and as I was closing my car door (after loading Corben, the stroller, etc) a scary man approached me. When I wouldn't open my window to him he stood in front of my car. If I had doddled just a few seconds more he would have caught me in a very vulnerable position. I just couldn't stop praying and thanking God for watching over me and Corben.

Ooops sorry for the long post! Thanks for sharing what you're learning. I've never done a Beth Moore study...maybe I should check 'em out!

Miss you guys!!!

Jen said...

I love these Beth Moore studies - they are always enlightening. Thanks for sharing what you've learned. God is faithful and He does have great things planned.